Date: October 19, 2013
Time: 10:00am-5:00pm CDT
Location: Omni Dallas Hotel (more details below)
In this 1-day introductory workshop, you will learn about Teradata's innovative solutions by walking through a real big data analytics use case scenario of a Teradata customer so you can maximize your understanding of how to do new types of analytics on multi-structured data.
The workshop is highly interactive and lead by practitioners with first-hand experience working with Teradata's technology and customers. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to define various big data analytics use cases and implement the initiatives in your organization to drive real business value with your data.
Working knowledge of SQL. Basic knowledge of scripting languages. Experience with command-line interfaces.
Included with Workshop:
- Coffee, snacks and lunch
- Use of a configured laptop for hands-on labs
- Take home a USB drive with the full lab environment, course guide, and documentation
Morning Session: Overviews and Use Case (Includes Hands-On Labs)
- Teradata's definition of Big Analytics
- The Teradata Unified Data Architecture™ for Big Analytics
- The Teradata Integrated Data Warehouse
- The Teradata Aster Database: Understanding discovery analytics on big data
- Introduction to Apache™ Hadoop®
- Teradata Unified Data Architecture Components Drill Down
- The SQL-MapReduce® (SQL-MR) framework
- Loading big data and executing SQL on Hadoop data (SQL-H)
- Pattern matching on time series data: The nPath function
- New types of data visualization: The nPathViz function
Afternoon Session: Applying Concepts (Includes Hands-On Labs)
- Business Case Study - A Real-World Telco Example
- Solution: Utilize the Teradata Unified Data Architecture Technology
- Detailed step-by-step execution roadmap
- Working code examples
- 3-way join between Aster, Teradata, and Hadoop
- Execution of nPath and Pathmap SQL-MapReduce® functions sourced by the 3-way join
- Visualization of the results
- Report on analysis performed / results
Omni Dallas Hotel
Address: 555 S Lamar Street, Greenville Avenue room, Dallas, TX 75202
Need a Hotel Room? You will have the opportunity to book a hotel room during the Teradata Partners User Conference registration process. If you have already registered, update your hotel registration with your Partner Conference Registration information.